End User IT Support
Individual customer support provided through email, remote session, or in person. Full IT support and management of University-owned desktops, laptops, tablets, and related hardware (that meet defined minimum support standards).
- Best effort support for non-University owned desktops, laptops, tablets, and related hardware used by faculty and staff for University work
- Installation and maintenance of operating systems and standard software applications
- Support for basic productivity applications
- Configuration of end user devices for usage with standard University services (network access, VPN, Office 365, UTBox, Austin Disk, etc)
- Security response, including virus removal, remediation of compromised or breached computers
- Coordination and annual updating of customer IT and ATS Disaster Recovery Plans
- Assist departments with moving their IT devices
Provisioning, Imaging, and Deployment
Gather end user requirements and provision needed for software, applications, and other configurations to user devices
- Creation and maintenance of images, workflows, software packages, and custom configurations
- Installation and maintenance of operating systems and software applications through imaging and workflow processes
- Deployment of new and repurposed computers to end users
Computer Repair Management and Loaner Service
Management of the repair process for supported University owned computers
- Coordination with authorized repair providers to diagnose, provide repair quotes and return computers to end users within a reasonable turn around time. While ATS is unable guarantee repair turn around times or out of warranty costs, our staff work with repair providers to provide accurate estimates.
- Configuration of a loaner computer for users while repairs are in progress. Loaner computers are provided with a current operating system and University standard software suite.
IT Services Management
Configuration and Management of Campus IT Services for End Users
- Configuration and management of backup services for desktop and laptop systems
- Enable access to file and mail services
- On-boarding/off-boarding of IT resources for new or separating staff